Pages

2012 Prayer

"My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead. Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make ever effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 10-12

Saturday, June 12, 2010

35th Birthday

Well it is finally here. I celebrate my 35th birthday today. I am sitting here in the quiet of the morning listening to the birds and the cars go by as the sun is making its way up through the thick humidity of Tomball, Texas. I laid my head down on the pillow last night as Scott read to me a different perspective about sleep. Did you know there is a godly perspective on sleep? It was interesting and got me thinking. God gave us our sleep as a reminder of our limitations and our dependence on him. For the last few weeks I have been so self-reliant on getting all the things done around our new house that I have been a bear to live with (if you don't believe me just ask my husband and kids). I have recognized this and have truly been praying that I would keep everything in perspective, but it has been extremely hard for me. Last night was a good reminder for me.

In addition, I have been thinking about my life as a Christian. I have been a Christian for 25 years!! That seems so crazy to me. Since I accepted Christ at the age of 8, the majority of my testimony is what God has done in my life through him. As I have been reflecting upon this, I have been asking myself if God has been allowed to do everything he has wanted to through me over the last 25 years. The answer is an obvious NO!! And the reason is mainly because I am prideful and self-reliant!!

My prayer as I head into this birthday and the many more days God allows me on this earth is to "wait for the Lord." This has been a theme over my head for all of my life. I remember as a child, my dad would always tell me, "patience dear." My favorite verse was Isaiah 40:31 "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary they shall walk and never faint." On my 27th birthday, the Lord had me read Psalm 27 which from that day forward has been my life passage. All the verses in the entire passage speak to my heart so many times, but it too closes with, "Wait on the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD."

Lord thank you for another day of life. Thank you that you are not finished with me yet. Lord, help me to rest in you and to be dependent upon you. Do away with my pride and self-reliance. May my husband and children see a new wife and mother who demonstrates how walking and depending on you on a daily basis brings joy and peace to those around her. May you receive all the glory and honor from the work that you are doing in my life. I love you Lord. Amen

1 comment:

  1. I love you Alicia! I am praying for you and I know as God's child He is going to continue to move and transform your heart and mind. You are a vessel for His glory and planting seeds for His Kingdom. Keep your passion with an urgency! His Kingdom is near!! I hope you had a very happy birthday:)

    ReplyDelete