Pages

2012 Prayer

"My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead. Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make ever effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 10-12

Monday, February 20, 2012

Prayers for Our Children

Taking care of seven children, four dogs, 10 chickens, and a lizard that I have yet to see, leaves little room to collect ones thoughts and write.  So instead of trying to push all the thoughts flying through my head that the Holy Spirit impresses on me throughout the day, I feel led to share with you a piece of paper I found in my stash of books and journals in my garage a week or so ago.  I placed it in my bible and have been reading through it each day.  The title is simply Prayers For Your Children.  You can tell the original was typed with a typewriter and someone has handed down to me a photocopy.  Each prayer has a verse listed next to it.  Instead of making you look up the verse, I have included it with the prayer. May you be as encouraged and challenged to lift our children up in prayer faithfully each day as I.


Pray that your child…
1.        Will know Christ as personal Savior early in life. 
Psalm 63:1 “God, You are my God; I eagerly seek You.  I thirst for You; my body faints for You in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water.”

2.       Will have a hatred for sin. 
Psalm 97:10 “You who love the Lord, hate evil!  He protects the lives of His godly ones; He rescues them from the power of the wicked.”

3.       Will be caught when guilty.
Psalm 119:71 “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I could learn Your statues”

4.       Will be protected from the evil one spiritually, emotionally, and physically. 
John 17:15 “I am not praying that You take them out of the world but that You protect them from the evil one.”

5.       Will have a responsible attitude.
Daniel 6:3-4 “Daniel distinguished himself above the administrators and satraps because he had an extraordinary spirit, so the king planned to set him over the whole realm.  The administrators and satraps, therefore, kept trying to find a charge against Daniel regarding the kingdom.  But they could find no charge or corruption, for he was trustworthy, and no negligence or corruption was found in him.”

6.       Will respect those in authority (parents, school, and government).
Romans 13:1 “Everyone must submit to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist are instituted by God.”

7.       Will have a desire for right friends.
Proverbs 1:10-11 “My son, if sinners entice you, don’t be persuaded.  If they say--`Come with us? Let’s set an ambush and kill someone. Let’s attack some innocent person just for fun!’”

8.        Will be kept for the right mate and be saved from the wrong one.
2 Corinthians 6:14-17 “Do not be mismatched with unbelievers.  For what partnership is there between righteousness and lawlessness?  Or what fellowship does light have with darkness?  What agreement does Christ have with Belial?  Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever and what agreement does God’s sanctuary have with idols?  For we are the sanctuary of the living God, as God said: I will dwell among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord; do not touch any unclean thing, and I will welcome you.”

9.       Will remain pure until marriage as well as their future spouse to remain pure.
1 Corinthians 6:18-20 “Run from sexual immorality!  Every sin a person can commit is outside the body.  On the contrary, the person who is sexually immoral sins against his own body.  Don’t you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God?  You are not your own, for you were bought at a price.  Therefore glorify God in your body.”

10.   Will totally submit to God in all circumstances and actively resist Satan.
James 4:7 “Therefore, submit to God.  But resist the devil and he will flee from you.”

11.   Will be single-hearted and willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ.
Romans 12:1-2 “Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.  Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.”

12.   Will be hedged-in with a Holy hedge.
Hosea 2:6 “Therefore, this is what I will do: I will block her way with thorns; I will enclose her with a wall, so that she cannot find her paths.”

My Heart’s Prayer: Lord, help me to be more diligent in praying your word over each of my children.  Your strength, power, and protection are so needed in each of their lives.  Give me the desire and faithfulness to stand in the gap through prayer throughout their lives no matter how old they grow.  In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment