Pages

2012 Prayer

"My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead. Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make ever effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 10-12

Friday, March 2, 2012

Z Bits of the Week


March 2, 2012

Volume 5

Hostess Comments:  Just a regular week at the Zbylot house.  Not!  There is never a "normal" week here.  The kids were very quick in what they had to share this week, but the message is still clear.  Enjoy as they share with you their highlights...


Peter’s Playground

We were at Awana Games last Saturday.  The Awana Games is where all of us Sparkies participate in hard games and compete against three other teams.  We are the fourth team.  One of the games is called Sparkie balloon pop, where you have to put a balloon under everyone’s legs and then the last person has to sit on it and pop it.  I got to be the one that got to pop it.  Once I sat on it, it popped.  This is like being on God’s team.  You have to work together with other believers even if there are challenges.  If you win a game then you share God’s word to one person.  If you win again, then you keep going around to each person on the other team to share the gospel.  Then everyone becomes a Christian and the devil loses.
Pete’s Playground Rule of the Week: Tell other people about God and always try not to lie to your mom or dad or anyone.                                              

Nathan’s Nighthawk

Hi there,
Have you decided what you were going to do about Kidz Kamp?  Huh?  Huh?  As you can see practically everyone in the Zbylot family is talking about the Awana Games.  It is like you are on God’s team and you have some difficult challenges.  I was in six events.  I was originally going to be in seven but the coach said one person could only be in six because it wouldn’t be fair to the other teams.  If you had a super athlete he could be in every event and win all of it.  That wouldn’t be fair, would it?  So you might have to go through some difficult challenges like I did.  It’s like life.  You are going to have to go through some difficult challenges in making some decisions. 

Night Flying Technique: Have you ever asked the question, “Should I be doing this?”  If you haven’t, try it for a week and see what happens.  You might have a better life.

Dawson’s Dugout

Hey there,
I am so glad to write again.  I want to tell you the highlight of my week.  I GOT MY BRACES OFF YESTERDAY!!!  I am glad I got my braces off because I was getting annoyed by them.  They were hurting me, I kept getting food stuck in them which required a special tool to get it out, and I couldn’t eat a lot of things.  Now I can.  On the spiritual side, getting braces was a life lesson.  When your teeth are crooked you need something to straighten them.  The only thing to straighten them is with one thing—braces!  This is the same way with the crookedness in our life.  Our sin can only be straightened through God’s word.   At times it may be painful, you may feel stuck, and you may have to do without some things, but God’s word will get you through.  This verse can encourage you, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

From the Dugout: Try reading the book of 2 Timothy to train you in righteousness.




Hannah’s Hideout

I want you to know that we go to Kidz Praise.  It is Christian missions/choir.  I would like for you to come join me and my brothers.  Every now and then we go and do fun things.  We sing songs and make crafts to give away.  It’s for 1st-6th graders.  If you are interested, just contact my mom.  She will give you the address.  It is on Wednesday nights from 6:30-7:30 p.m.  See you soon.

Scriptures: Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.”

Fun and Interesting Fact: If you read just one book of the bible 20 times, you can almost completely understand it.

Weekly Challenge for you: If you keep seeing the same verse over and over again like I have, just ask God to help you understand it.


My Heart’s Prayer:  Father thank you once again for the privilege to have a small glimpse into the work you are doing in our children's lives.  Please continue to spur them on towards love and good deeds as you speak to their hearts in new ways.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment