Pages

2012 Prayer

"My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead. Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make ever effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 10-12

Friday, April 27, 2012

Z Bits of the Week

It has been several months since the Zbylot kids have written anything.  I finally sat down with them yesterday and they shared what was on their hearts.  It always amazes me what is inside of the them.  I only wish I could capture their face expressions, body language and tone of voice so that you could get the full effect of their personalities!  Evidenced by their words below they had a great time visiting the Nina and Pinta replica ships in Matagorda Harbor.  Scott was leading a Disciple Now so my sister-in-law and I took our kids for a weekend field trip.  We had a blessed time together.  Enjoy!



Z Bits of the Week
April 27, 2012 

Peter’s Playground

We went to Matagorda a couple of weeks ago.  We stayed for one night and after that night we went to see the Nina and the Pinta ships.  We learned how to tie lots of different knots.  After that my brother went home to stay the night with my cousin for the night.  They had a fun time going home and while they were going home we went to the beach to see the waves.  Then we went home.  But on the way home we saw my brother and my cousin on the road.  It was funny.  As we went home I made my own new type of knot.  It had a hole and it would not budge.  It was tied with a hole on it which you could stick a rope through.  Next, I made an X knot which looks like an X. 

Pete’s Playground Rule of the Week: Never disobey your mom or your dad.  (Peter literally spent the whole trip home coming up with his own type of knots.  He really enjoyed the trip.)

Nathan’s Nighthawk

Hi this is Nathan again.  I know you haven’t heard from me in a long time.  I want to talk to you about Matagorda.  We went on the Nina and Pinta ships and there was a guy named Dylan.  He taught us how to tie some knots.  I only know some like the flying bowline which I could send you the instructions.  The one-second bowline and the figure eight knot are a couple of others I learned.  You can find them in books on knots. 

Night Flying Technique: Read the bible every day like a book that you read every day.  Duh duh duh duhn.  Bye!  (If you can picture Nathan with pretend drumsticks and tapping them on the table while saying his good-bye then you get a better idea of his closing.)

Dawson’s Dugout
OK this is Dawson sorry I missed the last weeks but I have something for you. A couple of weekends ago we went to Matagorda and so did my cousins. My cousin and I decided that if I could finish all my school for Friday on Thursday I could go to his house and then go to Matagorda with them. I hurried and had a good attitude, but when I called him, I found out that he had had a bad attitude in school so I was not allowed to spend the night with him.  (I forgot to tell you we are homeschooled and so are they.)  The lesson I learned is that a bad attitude never works out although it seems it will work it doesn’t.  Also, one person's actions affect other people too.                 

From the Dugout: Don’t have a bad attitude in school because you miss out on a lot of fun things. (Dawson did get to go home with his cousin the next night as Peter reference earlier.  It was a great lesson for Dawson to be on the receiving end of someone's actions.)

Hannah’s Hideout

Hi this is Hannah.  Sorry you haven’t heard from me lately.  I’ve been busy.  Back to the point.  Are you hanging around friends that are a good example? 2 Corinthians 6:14 Says ‘Do not be joined to unbelievers. What do right and wrong have in common? Can light and darkness be friends? How can Christ and Satan agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? How can the temple of the true God and the statues of other gods agree?’ What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? Can we change nonbelievers into Christians? With the help of God we can but not on our own.

Scriptures: Read John 10:20-21 and 2nd Corinthians 6:14-18

Fun and Interesting Fact: To get someone to accept Christ it takes about 10 times of you or other people telling that person about Christ.

Weekly Challenge for you: Do something fun this week with a non believer.

Hannah's Prayer:  Lord help my actions to be a good example of you today.  Help my friend who does not believe in you to come and know you as his Lord and Savior. Amen.

My Heart's Prayer:  Lord, great God!  You are worthy to be praised.  What a blessing you have given our family with these four great children.  Thank you for allowing Scott and I the opportunity to see them grow and watch them light up when they find something they are interested in and desire to learn more about.  Lord, I pray that you would continue to impress upon their hearts a desire and hunger to know You more.  May their eyes and faces light up when they hear something new about You.  Help them to dive deeper into Your word to learn how to better glorify You with their lives.  In Jesus Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment