Pages

2012 Prayer

"My goal is to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, assuming that I will somehow reach the resurrection from among the dead. Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make ever effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus." Philippians 3: 10-12

Monday, June 18, 2012

Powerful Change


Powerful change.  If you live around the Houston area and listen to the amazing Christian radio station, KSBJ then you have undoubtedly heard this phrase over the last two months.  In addition, if you are wondering where I have been over the past couple of weeks, you must know that it has in part to do with change.   It never fails either, anytime change is on the horizon for me, it seems like every aspect of my life begins to be in transition.  This time is not different. 

Changes at Temple Dwellers
First, I am in the process of switching web hosting companies for Temple Dwellers Ministry.  Therefore, I have taken some time away from the blog to focus on learning the new ins and outs of the other site.  Hopefully, the new site will be ready for debut by the end of the summer.  If you or someone you know is interested in helping design a logo and helping me out (I can’t pay) please let me know.
As some of you may remember, the beginning of the year God lead me to the book of Philippians. After roughly five or so months in the book, a bible study has been in the works.  Seeking to know Him this year through His resurrection and sufferings, compiling my first ever online bible study has also taken some time from the blog.

Changes on the Home Front
Not only is change coming with Temple Dwellers, but change is also coming here on the home front.  For those who have not already heard, my husband is in the process of a job change.  While we are at total peace and know for certain this change has been ordained by God, it is still change.  It is a change that affects Scott, myself, as well as our children.
And if that isn’t enough, God seems to desire more change for the Zbylot household.  Scott and I have completed classes and are acquiring more information regarding the possibility of becoming a rescue family through Little Footprints.  Having been in prayer for about a year, it appears God’s timing on this is now or at least in the near future.

Changes Spiritually
Have you ever been through a dry spell in your spiritual walk?  I have on several occasions.  It doesn’t seem to matter how much I read and pray, it just feels like sometimes I am not hearing from God.  I know that He is there and He is hearing me, but I am like a deer panting for water as I read and seek His voice only to come up dry.  The past several weeks have felt that way to me.  I take comfort in knowing the well is nearby and God slowly directs me there each time.  It has been after the dry spells of my spiritual life that God brings me to the well to experience the depths of His love and to spur me on toward the next step in my spiritual walk.

I share all of this with you as Scott, Hannah, Dawson, Nathan, Peter, and myself need your prayers.  When God begins to move in mighty powerful ways, Satan is not happy.  We have already begun to see his disgruntled attitude show up around us.  But even through Satan’s futile attempts to thwart God’s plans, God has taught us to conceal an offense as it will promote love whereas if we were to gossip about it, then friends would separate (Proverbs 17:9).   As some of these changes begin to become more public, I will be sharing more of how God has allowed us to see Him work behind the scenes so that you too may join us through these “powerful changes” that are on the horizon. 

My Heart’s Prayer:  “I love You, LORD, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my mountain where I seek refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I was saved from my enemies…I called to the LORD in my distress, and I cried to my God for help.  From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears…God—His way is perfect: the word of the LORD is pure.  He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.  For who is God besides Yahweh?  And who is a rock?  Only our God” (Psalm 18:1-3, 6, 30-31)

No comments:

Post a Comment